User : ibejoeb
- Created: 4218 days ago
- Karma: 2882
- joe at bokengroup dot com
[ my public key: https://keybase.io/joeb; my proof: https://keybase.io/joeb/sigs/iywPxIUXq1g8UfPHGaDKhWNw5opq-mXsGfuK9W9PKAo ]
Technologist at large.
Formerly: CTO and head of product in cloud financial software sector (acquired), VP Eng. at an Inc. 500 startup (acquired), chief enterprise architect in healthcare, industrial engineering in transportation/logistics, and engineer in gov't contracting. I studied computer science.
The things I focus on now are:
1. Pro bono technology implementation and management for charitable organizations.
2. Exigency: contact me me if your systems are in crisis.
3. Data modeling, data migrations, and making your data systems work really well, i.e., not just fast, but correct. I can help you get the most out of the technology in which you're invested. "You bought it, so you ought to use it."
4. Green fields, end-to-end development.
I work a lot with Flutter, React, TypeScript, and Python. I have a lot of practical, production experience in the cloud on AWS, Azure, and GCP. I'm also comfortable in a traditional datacenter after many years of building server and running co-lo. My relational database of choice is Oracle (ask me) followed closely by PostgreSQL. My graph database of choice is Neo4j. I have serious history with Java and the EE platform, Spring, and all sorts of other things in that ecosystem.
I'm also somewhat of an expert in certain areas of financial reporting: FAS 109, FAS 123(r)/ASC 718, FAS 128, FAS 5, FAS 114, FIN 48, transfer pricing, GAAP/IFRS convergence.